This issue kicks off a new decade of The Riverworks Newsletter. Cheers to that and to all of you! Whether you have been reading for ten years, or this is your first time with us, thank-you for giving us your readership and your patronage. It is always our pleasure to bring the community together through great food and good times.
Our newsletter is the best place to learn about our current specials, new featured cocktails and beers, and especially our events. Each month we feature a local non-profit to receive a donation from our fundraiser nights. There are many community members out there doing wonderful things and this is a great place to learn about them! We also host beer and liquor promos in our tavern every month, which can be a fun way to try a new drink and win some free stuff! If you haven't already, register with us today to receive this newsletter to your inbox each month, as well as a coupon for a free meal during the month of your birthday. Fill out a comment card here, or an online registration at www.theriverworks.com and never miss a beat!
This month our fundraising efforts go to Oyster River Womenade, a local non-profit group whose mission is to provide temporary assistance to community members during times of crisis or hardship. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
There are four ways to help Oyster River Womenade this month:
1. Dine at The Riverworks on Wednesday, September 24th in our upstairs dining room and we will donate 10% of your check total directly to Womenade!
2. 'Like' our Facebook page and share our statuses! For every new fan who likes our page during the month of September, we will donate $1, up to $100. Help us spread the word.
3. Make a personal donation in the big jar in the tavern.
4. Visit their website at:www.orwomenade.org and donate your time or needed items directly! See you on September 24th!
BEER AND LIQUOR PROMOS FOR SEPTEMBER:
ANNUAL SHIPYARD PUMPKINHEAD NIGHT: Join us Thursday, Sept. 4th at 7:00 and celebrate the return of this local fall favorite.
BEER TRIVIA FEATURING HENNIKER BREWING COMPANY: Join us in the tavern on Monday, September 8th for a Henniker Beer Promo and special beer-themed trivia night! Order a pint, keep a glass and try to win a set of Brewer's Tour Tickets! Promo 7:00, trivia 8:00.
CASAMIGOS TEQUILA PROMO: Thursday, September 11th we will feature a new tequila made by George Clooney and Rande Gerber. Great in margaritas or on its own, come to The Riverworks to try Casamigos Blanco for samples and giveaways on the 11th at 7:00
Introducing a Fall Italian Wine Dinner:
Favored by our regular clientele for the relaxed atmosphere, fun and informative wine presentations, and delicious food, Riverworks wine dinners are a great experience for food and wine lovers alike. Please join us on Thursday, September 25th for this event.
FIVE COURSE MENU:
- Amuse Bouche: Lamb meatball, olive tapenade, eggplant crostini, gazpacho shooter, prosciutto and melon, tomato basil pastry
- Appetizer: Grapefruit salad- chile, radish, parsley, and parmesan tuile
- Pasta Course: sausage and wild mushroom ragu with homemade pasta
- Entree: Cioppino- local fresh seafood, spicy tomato fennel sauce, and toasted sourdough
- Dessert: Zabaglione- fresh berries with lemon sabayon
Each course is expertly paired and served with an Italian wine. Reservations required.
$60/person, plus tax and gratuity. Call 659-6119 or ask your server for reservations.
EVERY WEEK AT THE RIVERWORKS
-Trivia Night every Monday at 8:00 in the tavern. Play with teams of 2-4, win $25 gift card.
-Paint Nite every Tuesday at 7:00 upstairs. Tickets at www.paintnite.com, use code RIVER20.
-Wine Down Wednesdays, half price bottles every Wednesday.
-$3 Drafts every night after 10:00 pm.